Call it what you want

Friday, June 4, 2010

Two guys walk in to a diner...

So I've been listening to the Tom Waits album Nighthawks at the Diner today, and I thought of his scene from Coffee and Cigarettes with Iggy Pop. Jim Jarmusch, probably my favorite director, came up with this little gem. In Coffee and Cigarettes, Jarmusch had friends and people from his movies talk over coffee and cigarettes. It may not sound like much, but it makes for a pretty damn classic movie. I'm pretty sure this dialogue is ad libbed, and it is quite an accurate display of character for both Waits and Pop. If there is one musician I would want to go drink with, it would have to be Tom Waits. The guy is cooler than cool. Anyway, here is the scene:



Another great scene from Coffee and Cigarettes involves Bill Murray and the RZA and the GZA from the Wu-Tang Clan, all of whom are personal friends with Jarmusch:

No comments:

Post a Comment