Call it what you want

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I saw a man die last night

Last night, I was driving across town to pick up sushi. Suddenly, I noticed debris scattered about in the street and 4-5 cars pulled over on the shoulder. Upon closer inspection I noticed that one of the cars, a green hatchback, was flipped over and a man was trapped underneath.

The situation really didn't register for me. My mind was saying, "You just pulled up on an accident that occurred no more than 30 seconds ago, you must respond." However, I was mainly in shock. I feel like I should have stopped to help. Maybe we could have rolled the car off the guy, I don't know.

I do know that when I drove past on the way home there were 2 ambulances and at least 7 police cars.

That's some heavy shit for your Sunday night.



Miriam Makeba - Pata Pata
Found at skreemr.org

No comments:

Post a Comment